The Rug Collection opens as a new exhibitor during the July Market in Building 1, Floor 3 of AmericasMart. The expanded and relocated area rug showrooms, all in Building 1 include Azra Imports, Banilivy Rug Corporation and Liberty Oriental Rugs, Inc., all on Floor 4 and Anadol and Jaipur Rugs, Inc., both on Floor 3.
“The Atlanta International Area Rug Market continues to remain a vital touch point for us to connect with many key customers,” says Asha Chaudhary, president and CEO of Jaipur Rugs, Inc. “We are excited to debut our newly expanded space on the third floor of Building 1 for Summer Market. Doubling our current showroom allows us to better showcase our expanding rug line – as well as our pillow range and the other new categories we’re moving into for 2013 and beyond.”
Nourison kicks off The Atlanta International Area Rug Market the evening before with glam designer Barclay Butera, at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 11. Butera, whose mantra is “beautiful yet livable design,” will feature his six new lines in the Nourison showroom, Building 1, Floor 3, Showroom 3-F-2. Early arrivals will receive a copy of Butera’s new book, “Living on the Coast!” Quantities limited.
Designer Laurie Hickson-Smith presents “The Final Touch in Home Décor,” Friday, July 13, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-A-1. Hickson-Smith, a designer on TLC’s popular “Trading Spaces,” brings her classic and contemporary style to rooms starting with fabulous floor coverings.
Buyers can drop off a business card from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. in Building 1, Floor 3 Thursday, July 12 and enter a raffle for a Kindle Fire. At 2 p.m., cool off with a complimentary ice cream and watch the drawing. The raffle will be repeated from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. in Building 1, Floor 4 Friday, July 13 and in Building 1, Floor 5 Saturday, July 14, and ice cream and the drawing will take place at 2 p.m. on both days.
As part of the ongoing educational programming for experts and those interested in learning, there’s a full lineup of Oriental Rug Retailers of America (ORRA) seminars:
- “In the Dragons’ Shadow: Dragon Rugs and the Legacy of their Patterns,” Friday, July 13, 10-11 a.m., Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-B-1, presented by Paul Ramsey, CRA. A glimpse into the foggy notions of the Dragon rugs of Azerbaijan (the Caucasus and northwest Iran) and how they have been a source of inspiration for later rugs from this area.
- “Knot To Be Missed IV,” Friday, July 13, 1 p.m., Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-B-1. Phil Menendian, CRA and a panel of rug appraisers discuss the ongoing efforts of ORRA to educate members about a specific group of rugs so they can pass the CRA exam. This is an area with which many test takers have had difficulty.
- “Walk the Market with Phil,” Friday, July 13, 3 p.m., Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-B-1. Phil Menendian, CRA, ORRA education chairman, gives a guided tour of select showrooms. This is a great way to learn about area rug innovations.
- “ORRA Tips on Proper Rug Appraisal Techniques,” Saturday, July 14, 12:30 p.m., Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-B-1. Phil Menendian, CRA will enumerate on the mechanics of an appraisal.
- “ORRA Certified Rug Appraiser’s Exam,” Saturday, July 14, 1 p.m., Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-B-1. Members will be tested on historical and technical knowledge of hand-knotted rugs.
The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market runs July 11-18. Temporaries are open July 13-17. The Atlanta International Area Rug Market runs July 12-15. All Market dates and events are available at www.AmericasMart.com.
AmericasMart Atlanta is the nation’s only global wholesale marketplace housing the world’s single-largest collection of home, gift, area rug and apparel merchandise. The largest of AmericasMart’s 14 annual Markets and shows, The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market and The Atlanta International Area Rug Market in January and July are the ignition switch for global retailing with buyers from every U.S. state and more than 90 countries discovering product in more than 1,400 showrooms and more than 2,500 temporary exhibiting companies. Located in downtown Atlanta, the AmericasMart complex contains more than seven million square feet of space. It’s a huge global stage on which manufacturers, designers and sales representatives unveil new lines, launch new designs and introduce new categories – all for the benefit of buyers seeking all that is fresh and first in the home, rug, gift and apparel arenas. For more information, please visitwww.AmericasMart.com.